Senior Software Engineer - Equity Core Applications
New York, NY
Posted Jan 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 113553
Our Market Applications group looks over the workflows and user experience of the Bloomberg Terminal for areas around foundation applications, macro markets and content workflows such as research, companies/ equities and data discovery.
We service applications that are used by financial analysts and researchers. Our core focus is document search and discoverability, content authoring, charting, and publications that support the analyst workflow.
The Bloomberg Company, Equity & Discovery Applications group is one of the core products on the terminal and is used by over 300,000 financial professionals worldwide to make financial decisions. The global equity market is now over $150 trillion per year. The global ETF market has grown rapidly to over $10 trillion and the mutual fund market is now over $60 trillion. The Core Equity applications team provides immensely popular Equity and ETF/Mutual funds products. These products cater to all types of Bloomberg customers ranging from intraday traders to portfolio managers and to individual and institutional mutual funds investors with multi-million daily hits.
We are a brand-new team with a dedicated focus on building the next generation of these high impact core Equity applications! The team will begin working with Equity product managers to come up with a vision of a streamlined and detailed workflow between different Equity applications. We will be building these workflows from ground up by designing and creating reusable components and modules. These components will then be plugged into the in-panel and launchpad (BLP) applications to expose novel workflows that allow our customers to explore and get insights on the data trends. This application suite will be used by hundreds of thousands of Bloomberg users and will allow easy integration with other Bloomberg products such as news, TV, alerts and report generation. There is a huge curiosity about the ETF and Mutual Funds applications from the product managers so this will be one of our first and highest priority projects. These functions will be modernized to provide a consolidated view of the different funds which will allow users to drill down into deeper details of the fund strategies.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a key contributor to defining and developing core Equity workflows on Bloomberg
- Innovate and design flexible and robust application solutions
- Use your technical expertise to architect and implement critical large-scale applications
- Work collaboratively within the team and across groups to deliver products that broaden and improve our offering to customers
- Having ownership of client facing applications and handling feedback
- Help drive technology stack for the team
- Mentor others and contribute to the growth of the team
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience in modern frontend technologies (NodeJS, ReactJS, VueJS, HTML, CSS, Typescript, etc.)
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, partners and management
- Passion for continuous learning and advocating new technologies
- Interest to learn about financial and investment knowledge
We’d love to see:
- Experience with large scale application design including application frameworks
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- Experience working in large team and collaborative environment
If you are interested, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus