Senior Software Engineer - Execution Management System
New York, NY
Posted Oct 26, 2022 - Requisition No. 110842
Who we are:
The financial industry hinges on one simple act: the trade. When our customers want to exchange value with other parties, they need to be able to do so with ease and immediacy, and are able to do so using solutions such as those provided by the Trade Automation and Execution team (TRAAX). With trillions of dollars traded on our systems daily, our business continues to evolve towards trends such as trade automation, predictive analytics, higher data volumes, and an increased focus on performance.
Our TRAAX offerings integrate with the breadth and depth of Bloomberg’s other capabilities across the trade lifecycle for all asset classes — including data science and automation. Our team is where product-minded engineers who want to build distributed systems thrive.
We’ll trust you to:
- Ensure the quality of our Trade Automation and Execution product offerings through test
- Perform functional software testing on Bloomberg’s Execution Management System (EMSX)
- Work with the Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Product teams to scale the automated testing needs with tight timelines
You’ll need to have:
- An understanding of modern design patterns and proven experience applying them
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Unix and/or Linux systems
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of BDD and TDD Frameworks such as Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium and Jest
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Passion for testing and experience in backend or front end testing frameworks
- Proven expertise in driving automated testing utilizing the latest technology stack
- Experience creating automation frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis or TeamCity
- Understanding of Financial Markets
Find more about Bloomberg’s trading products here: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/trading/
Interviewing with us
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what we’ve been working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus