Senior Software Engineer - Feeds
New York, NY
Posted Sep 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 101494
The Feeds team provides the entry point into Bloomberg for global market data and news. We are world leaders in ingesting and normalizing financial data reliably, quickly, and accurately. The data we provide is consumed by applications across the Bloomberg platform and ultimately used by clients making the decisions that drive financial markets. Our mission is to be the most comprehensive and reliable source of financial data in the world.
Our team develops and maintains feed handlers in C++ that process hundreds of billions of events daily from sources including major stock exchanges, news providers, social network feeds, and a wide variety of independent contributors. We work with teams across Bloomberg to ensure our data is reliable, timely, and complete in a rapidly changing financial landscape. Our projects include both internally driven improvements to our infrastructure and performance as well as responding quickly to external drivers like new financial products and exchange changes. We are constantly improving our feed handlers and the mission critical infrastructure that supports them.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate with business units and other engineering teams to drive improvements to our handling of data across all asset classes
- Work with team members from all regions to continually improve our feed handlers and infrastructure as we anticipate changing customer needs
- Mentor new software engineers, sharing your experience in software engineering and system design
You'll need to have:
- Professional experience using C++, Java, Go or similar and/or a commitment to learning C++ on the job
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience independently driving software projects that require cross-team collaboration
- Experience developing on Linux
- Experience with network protocols such as TCP, UDP, SFTP, HTTPS.
- Knowledge of market data systems
We highly value our inclusive and diverse culture, in which everyone has the room to make an enormous impact. Our engineers write efficient, high-quality code in a rapidly evolving market landscape, collaborating to improve both our customized feeds and our handling of financial data globally. If you are excited to make a tangible impact on the quality of data and news used by customers around the world, please apply below!
To find out more about Engineering at Bloomberg, check out www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus