Senior Software Engineer - Feeds
New York, NY
Posted Jan 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 113314
The Feeds team provides the entry point into Bloomberg for global market data and news. We are world leaders in ingesting and normalizing financial data reliably, quickly, and accurately. The data we provide is consumed by applications across the Bloomberg platform and ultimately used by clients making the decisions that drive financial markets. Our mission is to be the most comprehensive and reliable source of financial data in the world.
Our team develops and maintains feed handlers in C++ that process hundreds of billions of events daily from sources including major stock exchanges, news providers, social network feeds, and a wide variety of independent contributors.
We work with teams across Bloomberg to ensure our data is reliable, timely, and complete in a rapidly changing financial landscape. Our projects include both internally driven improvements to our infrastructure and performance as well as responding quickly to external drivers like new financial products and exchange changes. We are constantly improving our feed handlers and the mission critical infrastructure that supports them.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate with business units and other engineering teams to drive improvements to our handling of data across all asset classes
- Work with team members from all regions to continually improve our feed handlers and infrastructure as we anticipate changing customer needs
- Mentor new software engineers, sharing your experience in software engineering and system design
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, partners and management
We’d love to see:
- Experience independently driving software projects that require cross-team collaboration
- Experience developing on Linux
- Experience with network protocols such as TCP, UDP, SFTP, HTTPS.
- Knowledge of market data systems
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus