Senior Software Engineer - First Impressions
New York, NY
Posted Jun 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 89739
At Bloomberg, everything moves at the speed of light, including our employees. The Internal Applications team builds solutions that keep our global company running - and we have a tremendous impact on our employees’ day-to-day lives. We are focused on building high quality and user friendly systems that help our 20,000 employees around the world do their job in the most efficient manner.
The First Impressions team builds software that help shape our client's first impression of Bloomberg. This spans from our client onboarding tools to our proactive and reactive remediation tools. If you’ve ever logged into Bloomberg with your phone or have had to get a bio-metric override then you’ve used a part of our software. We take advantage of a vast data set to allow the technical support team to quickly identify & solve whatever issues our clients face.
You’ll have the opportunity to oversee projects from inception to production roll out. All of our engineers work across the full stack in an agile environment (Scrum). You’ll release code changes every week sometimes even every day. Along the way, you’ll collaborate with various engineering and business teams across the company.
We are actively embarking on a refresh of our tools to modernize our customer’s experience. Imagine re-inventing how a client purchases and installs the Bloomberg Terminal - one of our client’s first impression of our product and the Bloomberg brand!
We’ll trust you to:
- Be creative, motivated and able to work in all areas of the tech stack
- Have strong communication skills
- Be a team player and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and humility
- these are our core values
- Have fun while doing great work!
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language
- Experience with full-stack development (UI, back-end services, and database)
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience with Python
- Experience with a relational database (MSSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with microservices architecture and containerization
- Experience with software development on a Linux environment
- Experience working in an Agile SDLC
- Experience with UI design
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.