Senior Software Engineer - Fixed Income Calculations (FA - Financial Analytics)
New York, NY
Posted Aug 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 107911
The Fixed Income Calculations Engineering group is the backbone of Fixed Income analytics at Bloomberg. We develop Fixed Income Analytics that are invoked billions of times a day and provide fast and accurate analytics to various different markets from across Americas, Europe, Asia and Emerging Markets. These analytics have a tremendous impact and are used by finance professionals across the board - from traders to ministries of finance.
We'll trust you to:
- Work on developing libraries and interfaces that provide fast and accurate Fixed Income Analytics for the global market
- Work with various stakeholders to understand the market needs in the Fixed Income domain
- Solve highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator.
- Take ownership of full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance.
- Work with product and other software engineering teams and balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
You’ll need to have:
- Prior experience working with Financial Analytics/calculations domain and/or Fixed Income related analytics and a passion to work in the Financial Analytics domain.
- 3+ years of experience programming in C++, Python, Java or similar in production environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- A thorough understanding of the systems you've worked on
- Good communication skills with ability to collaborate with several stakeholders
This position requires at least one of the following:
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or
- an equivalent combination of education, and/or
- specialized training, and/or
- related professional experience
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus