Senior Software Engineer - Fixed Income Core (FA - Financial Analytics)
New York, NY
Posted Aug 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 76879
The Fixed Income Engineering group delivers a single integrated platform to support our client's complete workflow, from analysis to idea generation, in arguably the world's most important capital market.
Our functionalities support instruments from many countries around the world and used by finance professionals across the board - from traders to ministries of finance. The tools we build have become the market standard across the global market, including: our yield and spread calculators, quantitative risk analysis, and relative value comparisons. As a result, some of our calculation APIs are invoked billions of times a day providing, fast and accurate analytics for a variety of use cases.
We focus on a variety of innovative market- changing workflows, including the ETF and the New Issues management platform. Our workflows will replace existing error prone and cumbersome processes with slick interfaces that have analytics and error checking built- in.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance.
- Develop large scale, low latency servers and user interfaces to redefine client workflows and help them make informed decisions
- Solve highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator.
- Work with product and other software engineering teams and balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience programming in C++, Python, Java or similar in production environment
- 3+ years of object-oriented programming experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong problem solving skills
- A thorough understanding of the systems you've worked on
- Good communication skills and an ability to explain technical concepts in a non-technical way
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or
- an equivalent combination of education, and/or
- specialized training, and/or
- related professional experience
This position requires at least one of the following:
We'd love to see:
- Development experience in Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with relational databases
- Familiarity with the nuances of building high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Familiarity with open-source technologies
- Knowledge of financial markets or an interest to learn
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org