Senior Software Engineer - Fixed Income Core
New York, NY
Posted Jan 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 112893
The Fixed Income Engineering group delivers a single integrated platform to support our client's complete workflow, from analysis to idea generation, in arguably the world's most important capital market.
Our functionalities support instruments from many countries around the world and used by finance professionals across the board - from traders to ministries of finance. The tools we build have become the market standard across the global market, including: our yield and spread calculators, quantitative risk analysis, and relative value comparisons. As a result, some of our calculation APIs are invoked billions of times a day providing fast and accurate analytics for a variety of use cases.
We focus on a variety of innovative market- changing workflows, including the ETF and the New Issues management platform. Our workflows will replace existing error prone and cumbersome processes with slick interfaces that have analytics and error checking built- in.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance.
- Develop large scale, low latency servers and user interfaces to redefine client workflows and help them make informed decisions
- Solve highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator.
- Work with product and other software engineering teams and balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management
We'd love to see:
- Experience in distributed systems, including distributed database technologies and computation software
- Development experience in Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with relational databases
- Familiarity with open-source technologies
- Knowledge of financial markets or an interest to learn
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus