Senior Software Engineer - Fixed Income Trading
New York, NY
Posted Dec 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 112719
Who we are:
We are the engineering team behind the world’s largest over-the-counter (OTC) electronic trading (ET) platform encompassing Fixed Income securities, Derivatives and Equities. Our platform provides end-to-end solutions across the trading life cycle so traders can connect more successfully to the global trading markets — all in one place.
We are constantly building out systems to support continuous automation and “electronification” of fixed income markets, which will further raise the bar allowing our clients to interact and transact in new and innovative ways. If you are passionate about working with a diverse team in delivering high quality software in a fast-paced client-driven environment, this is a great place for you!
Our tech stack:
- We put emphasis on doing things right, so you’ll be using industry best practices for testing, automation, and CI/CD (CMake, Google Tests, Pytest, Jenkins, Git etc.)
- We rely heavily on database technologies such as PostgreSQL/Citus and internal database solutions (recently open sourced Comdb2)
- We work with Kafka and similar internal message queuing solutions
We’ll trust you to:
- Solve challenging problems as we expand further into the automation world while maintaining the speed and accuracy needed of a trading platform
- Work on a complete tech stack to deliver client facing products
- Build more analytical and observability tools to improve transparency into our distributed system
- Work in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork is the key to success
- Learn and influence how the financial markets operate by working closely with product managers and clients
You'll need to have:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment using agile methodologies
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms, as well as CI, CD and unit testing
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
We’d love to see:
- Experience with multi-threading and asynchronous event-driven programming
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Experience working in a UNIX or Linux development environment
- Familiarity with productivity tools such as Jenkins and Splunk
Meet the team:
Find more about Bloomberg’s Trading products here: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/trading/
Interviewing with us
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what we’ve been working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus