Senior Software Engineer - HR Engineering (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 80578
**Please note that this is a contract position**
With more than 19,000 employees, Bloomberg HR Engineering builds systems to ensure that our global company is able to run smoothly and efficiently. The HR teams rely on our products to ensure that complex workflows involving anything from recruiting, employee on-boarding, compensation, talent management, to compensation, are streamlined and top-notch. Our organization would not be anywhere without our employees and the products we build are critical in making sure our employees have the resources they need.
The HR Talent Management team is responsible for developing secure, cutting-edge complex systems that evaluate and grow our organization of contributors and leaders. This is done through cyclical and on-demand assessments of participation and performance year-round as well as providing tools for professional and personal growth to all employees.
Business Exposure: Along with working closely with our product team, you will get the chance to work with top executives and other stakeholders to help them manage mission critical processes and gather requirements for developing the next generation of products.
We will trust you to:
- Take ownership of the products and prototype, build and iterate at a rapid pace
- Work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions
- Collaborate in an agile, fast-paced team
- Be a problem solver and think outside the box
- Deliver on time without compromising on quality
You will need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing complex full stack software applications
- Experience in C# (.NET Core is a plus)
- Familiarity with database programming (PostgreSQL / SQL Server)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We would love to see:
- Experience shipping high-profile user-facing products, working with large code bases, and engineering features for security, scalability, and high availability
- Development using best practices and standards (i.e. Unit Testing, Future-proof implementations, Configurability, etc.)
- An understanding of the design, implementation, and deployment of high performance, large-scale applications in a distributed environment
Learn more about the HR Engineering Team here: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/meet-the-team-hr-engineering/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.