Senior Software Engineer - HR Engineering
New York, NY
Posted May 31, 2022 - Requisition No. 76373
With more than 19,000 employees, Bloomberg HR Engineering builds systems to ensure that our global company is able to run smoothly and efficiently. The HR teams rely on our products to ensure that complex workflows involving anything from recruiting, employee onboarding, talent management, to compensation, are streamlined and top-notch. Our organization would not be anywhere without our employees and the products we build are critical in making sure our employees have the resources they need.
The team’s mission is two fold. First, to enable Bloomberg employees to realize their full potential by empowering them with tools that multiply their productivity. Second, to enable leaders within Bloomberg to hire, evaluate, develop and retain talent within their teams and the company.
We build systems to ensure that our global company is able to run smoothly and efficiently. This ranges from complex workflows ranging from recruiting, employee onboarding, talent management, to compensation. Our products are critical to the success of our employees and therefore the entire organization. Our products are used across each of the ~ 190 Bloomberg offices and by the ~ 20k employees around the world.
Who we are:
We will trust you to:
- Take ownership of all aspects of the software development process in collaboration with your teammates in an agile environment
- Ensure that quality and testing is a first class priority
- Design and build new features, while maintaining system stability
- Be creative in solving complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Drive the incorporation of new technologies and improve development practices
- Mentor others and encourage knowledge sharing in order to drive the growth of the team
You will need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in designing and implementing complex full stack software applications
- Experience in an object oriented programming language
- Familiarity with database programming (SQL Server DB / PostgreSQL knowledge a plus!)
- Good communication skills to work with other teams and explain technical problems to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience triaging and supporting systems in production
- Strong problem solving skills and a willingness to solve new problems in unique ways
- An open mindset to using new technologies and practices
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We would love to see:
- Experience in C#, or Python
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus