Senior Software Engineer - Integration Gateway
New York, NY
Posted Aug 6, 2020 - Requisition No. 84267
The goal of Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration (BCI) group is to provide a platform for customers to integrate Bloomberg products with their own highly complex and time sensitive software systems. With ever growing demands for more capabilities in data transformation and analytics, we are building our Integration Platform offering through an architecture that uses a combination of open source, third party, and in-house technologies to meet these demands.
Our team owns and develops the critical Integration Gateway engine that sits at the heart of the Integration Platform product. The Gateway provides customers and implementation specialists with a no-code toolkit to transform, enrich and process data in transit between Bloomberg and third-party systems.
From a technical perspective we regularly work across a breadth of domains:
- Distributed systems
- High availability, fault tolerance and self-healing systems
- Data consistency
- Language compilation
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- User interface development
Our infrastructure currently exists in two main flavours. We have our existing product which is developed predominantly in C# and deployed to a Windows .NET Framework environment. We also have our new architecture which we are currently deploying which is being developed in .NET Core/Java and targeting Linux servers. We believe that a strong engineer can pick up any language with some ramp up time and so as long as you have an interest in the technology stack we use, do apply regardless of whether you have worked on these languages before.
We are a self-organizing and collaborative team who have a high degree of influence over our project roadmap, and you’ll benefit from working closely with other experienced engineers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design and implement enhancements to our products
- Collaborate directly with stakeholders to transform client needs into successful solutions
- Build new features in our application backend, which includes services written in C# and Java
- Build and improve frontend applications including Bloomberg desktop UI and WPF desktop applications
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the team to overcome challenges and always strive to improve
You’ll need to have:
- Proven experience with backend development and object oriented programming
- Desire and drive to learn new skills and continuously improve existing ones
- Passion for working closely with the rest of the team to tackle shared goals
- Experience understanding and refining requirements to deliver product increments that meet client needs
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with distributed systems and service-oriented architectures
- Experience with functional programming and ReactiveX
- Experience with front-end development using WPF
- Knowledge of Kafka or other streaming/messaging technologies
If you may be interested in working with our team then please apply, we’d love to speak to you!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.