Senior Software Engineer - Integration Gateway
New York, NY
Posted Sep 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 91687
The goal of Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration (BCI) group is to provide a platform for customers to integrate Bloomberg products with their own highly sophisticated and time critical software systems. With ever growing demands for more capabilities in data transformation and analytics, we are building our Integration Platform offering through an architecture that uses a combination of open source, third party, and in-house technologies to meet these demands.
Our team owns and develops the critical Integration Gnet engine that sits at the heart of the Integration Platform product. The GNET provides customers and implementation specialists with a visual programming language as part of a no-code toolkit to transform, enrich and process data in transit between Bloomberg and third-party systems.
From a technical perspective we regularly work across a breadth of domains:
- Distributed systems
- High availability, fault tolerance and self-healing systems
- Data consistency
- Language compilation
- Service-oriented architecture
- User interface development
Our infrastructure currently exists in two main flavors. We have our existing product which is developed predominantly in C# and deployed to a Windows .NET Framework environment. We also have our new architecture which we are currently deploying which is being developed in .NET Core/Java and targeting Linux servers.
Current and upcoming projects:
- Implementing the next generation of our transform code-generation, compilation, and execution framework (.NET Core, RxJava, Linux, Docker)
- Improving our no-code toolkit by adding new features crafted to improve the transform building experience for our users, including a bookmarking feature to quickly navigate to different parts of the transform
- Building and improving modules for our Integration Platform, including a data storage module (React, gPRC)
How we work:
We are a self-organizing and collaborative team who have a high degree of influence over our project roadmap, and you’ll benefit from working closely with other experienced engineers and product counterparts. We work in two-week sprints and plan our projects with six sprint product increments.
We’ll trust you to:
- Own the team's technical strategy
- Participate in design discussions for the Integration Tools group
- Mentor junior engineers
- Design and implement improvements to our products
- Interact directly with stakeholders to transform client needs into successful solutions
Please apply if you are interested in the domain and have any of the following:
- Experience with production service-oriented systems
- Experience working with distributed systems and service-oriented architectures
- Experience with functional programming and ReactiveX
- Experience with front-end development using WPF
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to sophisticated problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work optimally on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.