Senior Software Engineer - Internal Developer Platform
New York, NY
Posted Aug 30, 2023 - Requisition No. 118538
Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed with global reach to over 30 million unique visitors a month. Media Infrastructure is responsible for the application platform that helps make that possible. The platform is our product, and the other engineers in Media are our customers. We focus on automation of application and infrastructure workflows that empower our customers to do their best work, and we collaborate closely with them to build best-in-class technology and tools.
This role will give you an opportunity to hone your platform engineering skills and develop standards for deploying applications in a hybrid cloud environment. You’ll gain hands-on experience with public cloud and cloud native technologies, and you’ll work with your colleagues to design and implement code that orchestrates these technologies in an automated, repeatable way. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in the wider community of platform and reliability engineering at Bloomberg – providing opportunities for learning and sharing with other experts in the field.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with a diverse team of engineers to learn our technology and business
- Contribute to our platform that deploys application workloads across public and private clouds
- Embrace Agile principles to deliver iteratively, measure impact, and improve team velocity
- Engage with customers to understand and empower their engineering work
- Demonstrate ownership of core infrastructure such as Kubernetes clusters and load balancers
You need to have:
- Experience with cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, Terraform, and Docker
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
We’d love to see:
- Fullstack web development experience
- Experience with a major public cloud provider like AWS
- Familiarity with CI/CD and how it fits into the software development lifecycle
- Understanding of networking concepts like firewall, proxies, DNS, etc
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus