Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Conversational Systems
New York, NY
Posted May 22, 2023 - Requisition No. 116404
The Client Services Technology team builds and supports Bloomberg's premier customer service systems. Our applications handle around 5 million questions per year in several languages and offer 24/7 support to over 300,000 clients around the globe, creating more than a billion rows of chat data. Our team leverages this chat data in a variety of ways to build ML/NLP tools that streamline the interactions between clients and representatives.
These tools include
- A chatbot that automatically answers client FAQs
- An NLP model that will match a client with a representative with the required expertise, depending on the topic of the client's question
- Algorithms that will surface relevant content to a representative as they are chatting with a client to help the representative answer the client's question
- Applications that allow business stakeholders to explore what topics clients are asking about and search across client chats
Our tools combine ML/NLP models, event-driven backend technologies, and internally built solutions (both within our team and from other teams within Bloomberg) to handle various forms of chat text across ADSK.
We'll trust you to:
- Train/build on top of BloombergGPT and/or other large language model (LLM) and incorporate it into our suite of products (e.g. Chatbot, recommendation system, routing etc)
- Work with your teammates and our business stakeholders to understand the problems at hand
- Identify opportunities to leverage ML/NLP technologies to solve complex business problems
- Work and collaborate with ML/NLP researchers across Bloomberg
- Take ownership of the product and domain and stay current with research and technologies
- Build and execute on projects in an efficient and agile manner
You'll NEED to have:
- A PhD in ML/NLP (or a related field), or a Master's in ML/NLP and at least 3 years work experience
- Experience with ML/NLP technologies
- Drive to constantly push the envelope when it comes to finding the right solution to problems at hand
- Passion to try new things for the right reasons (e.g. experimenting with a new model to solve a business problem)
- Curiosity to learn a new domain and ability to pick-up new technologies if needed
We'd love to see:
- Experience with integrating ML/NLP technologies into a live production system
- Knowledge of Python, C++
- Experience in designing and implementing complex systems and applications
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus