Senior Software Engineer - Market Data SRE
New York, NY
Posted Sep 17, 2020 - Requisition No. 81934
Site Reliability Engineers in Market Data at Bloomberg fill the mission-critical role of ensuring our complex, real-time enterprise product is healthy, automated, observable, and designed for reliability. We work at enormous scale - billions of financial ticks are being processed every day - and we ingest, enrich, and deliver it to clients within milliseconds. Our clients have extremely high expectations around latency, correctness, and availability in order to react quickly and place market-moving trades.
We'll trust you to:
- Apply your expertise to analyze and improve the reliability and performance of our market data pipeline
- Design, develop, and deploy applications that maintain a healthy production environment. We are accountable for monitoring, observability, intelligent alerting, incident response, change management, capacity planning, provisioning, configuration, and orchestration
- Support services throughout their lifecycle, working with component teams for system design consulting, shared component development, and release reviews
- Participate in a support escalation rotation during working hours only - we have a follow-the-sun model for global 24x7 coverage
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of work experience
- Excellent Python skills
- Experience working on large-scale projects in an OO language (i.e. C++/Java)
- Familiarity with design and implementation of large scale distributed systems
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- A persevering attitude to challenge the status quo
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Applied SRE experience
- Working knowledge of data streaming and analytics platforms
- Market Data industry exposure or knowledge
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
You can check out more about how we work and what it means to be an SRE at Bloomberg in our blog post: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/bloomberg-bets-big-on-sres/
If this sounds like you, apply! We’ll get in touch if we believe you’re a good match and get started with a technical phone interview. If that goes well, we’ll invite you onsite to meet our team and of course, demo the products you’ll work on.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.