Senior Software Engineer - Media Syndication & Payments
New York, NY
Posted Sep 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 92463
Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone reaching over 80 million unique visitors a month through its digital properties. The Syndication and Payments team is focused on creating the tools that enable us to distribute our content to partners and clients and the infrastructure to facilitate payment processing. Whether it is engaging web apps, API services, or notification systems, our goal is to provide stable and feature rich services that operate at scale. We are looking for a systems thinker that is passionate about building Web apps, designing APIs, and working with several product teams to deliver new functionality.
Our stack evolves quickly and currently consists of distributed systems, React, NodeJS, Java, ActiveMQ, and Kubernetes among others. Given the scope of our work, the team has a unique opportunity to innovate and contribute ideas across the media space. Our ideal candidate should have a passion for the web and the cloud, an appetite to try new things, and a propensity to move quickly and thoughtfully. We look forward to seeing how you would take this system to the next level!
We'll trust you to:
- Engineer scalable web services on multiple cloud platforms
- Design and deliver reliable product features that evolve quickly
- Improve our infrastructure by making important architecture decisions.
You'll need to have:
- A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and an understanding of asynchronous design patterns
- 3+ years of experience with Node.js or Java building backend services
- Fluency in test-driven development, code reviews, distributed source code management, and automated quality assurance
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with Spring Framework, Express and Node.
- Experience with OpenAPI, GraphQL, REST API, Swagger
- E-commerce experience is a plus
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. If you have a degree outside of the above, but still have strong software development skills, then we can teach you the rest.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.