Senior Software Engineer - Mobile - Bloomberg Connects
New York, NY
Posted Oct 26, 2022 - Requisition No. 108313
You are no doubt familiar with Bloomberg’s position as a global leader in financial technology and media, but we are so much more. Bloomberg Philanthropies works to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people by focusing on five key areas: the arts, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Philanthropy has always been integral to Bloomberg, woven into the fabric of our culture!
Bloomberg Connects is a rapidly-growing, free app offering digital guides to museums, galleries, and cultural spaces around the world. Launched in November 2019, the app features engaging, multi-media guides with insightful and unique content exclusive to each of our partners such as The Guggenheim, MoMA PS1, Serpentine Galleries, The Courtauld, The Institute of Contemporary Art, and many more.
For our cultural partners, we design and build tools to handle their collections, informed by research and interviews with the staff at the world’s top arts and culture institutions.
For everyone, we design and build a mobile app, Bloomberg Connects, to bring access to the arts right to the users’ hands. Our designers and engineers work side-by-side with each other daily to deliver delightful experiences with accessibility and usability at the core. Our vibrant team takes pride in their work, driven by a common sense of purpose.
Join us on our mission to bring access to arts and culture to everyone, anytime, anywhere.
We’ll trust you to:
- Participate in a multi-functional agile team spanning design and engineering.
- Work closely with designers and other engineers to deliver user-facing features.
- Collaborate with internal team members as well as cultural partners.
- Build and promote high-quality, scalable, full-stack solutions.
- Delight a diverse, global audience with elegant, intuitive experiences.
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience with native mobile development using Swift, Kotlin or React Native.
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- An honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management.
We’d like to see experience with:
- Mobile accessibility experience.
- Experience with GraphQL at scale.
- Experience with Kubernetes, as a user or operational owner and/or with automation tools such as Terraform.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus