Senior Software Engineer - Multi Asset Risk Systems
New York, NY
Posted Jan 3, 2023 - Requisition No. 112902
The MARS team (Multi Asset Risk System) enables professional market players to assess their trading and portfolio risks against the gathering financial storm.
MARS allows our clients across the world to manage and assess their risk by providing them different tools, such as stress-testing functionality which models their portfolios’ behavior under acute market conditions, or analytics to predict the future risk movement based on the past. MARS offers a unified calculation platform for both external clients and internal teams across Bloomberg, with the flexibility to use Bloomberg golden data or client uploaded data to achieve the quantitative quality.
MARS is built on top of distributed systems that span across hundreds of machines, serving hundreds of millions of calculations daily, consuming terabytes of data. In addition to growing our main product offering, we are constantly improving the scalability and stability of our system to the next level. We work on problems to address distributed data consistency and resource management, build stateless boundaries of services to provide extensible and flexible workflows, and optimize the performance of our batch analytics. We utilize a wide range of engineering strategies in our solutions such as distributed storage like Cassandra or Redis, distributed computing algorithms, Kafka to handle the high data traffic, MARS-built resource managers, cluster management tools, and machine learning among others.
What's in it for you:
MARS is a close knit group of 160+ engineers. Working in MARS, you will tackle sophisticated problems alongside some of the brightest engineers and product managers. MARS sits at the intersection of finance and technology where people and machines will challenge your ideas and push your engineering skills to the next level. You will have the opportunity to work with various distributed database technologies like Redis or Cassandra, queuing systems with Kafka, management of distributed microservices, varieties of language from modern C++, cutting edge Python, to ReactJS, and many more. You will gain the understanding of building large scale distributed computing systems for enterprise product usage.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of technical solutions, handle full-stack development from client to server side and delivery to production
- Work directly with product owners to build applications that our clients use to tackle complex problems
- Write production-quality infrastructure software to gather metrics and data, automate model training, and run the models and computation at a large scale
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management
We'd love to see:
- Experience in distributed systems, including distributed database technologies and computation software
- A background in finance, math or statistics
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity /parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus