Senior Software Engineer - Multimedia Video Conferencing
New York, NY
Posted Jul 23, 2020 - Requisition No. 84030
Media Platform team specializes in providing Multimedia Solutions for Bloomberg Professional Services and beyond. Our team builds end to end Media and Real Time Communication Tools and Workflows.
Our team delivers market driven multimedia content to our customers with interactive user experience at industry leading low latency. Our product portfolio includes Media Streaming Platform, Media Connect Platform, Speech Platform (for Speech to Text), Telephony Platform and a suite of Media Applications.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our team to help build our Video Conferencing Solution from the ground up. Your main focus will be the development and deployment of back end infrastructure and applications. This work demands focus on Architecture, Design and Optimization of our Video Conferencing stack.
There is a lot of opportunity to research, innovate and think creatively. This is a very great opportunity because of the visibility and impact of this product.
- Develop and enhance our Video Conferencing Infrastructure
- Design Scalable and Reliable Backend Infrastructure
- Research Innovative ways to Integrate services like Telephony, LIVE Streaming, Recording and Transcription
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to innovate and contribute to building and extending Video Conferencing Applications and Infrastructure
- Opportunity to work on High Impact and Challenging problems in building Media Infrastructure
- Be a part of a select few teams responsible for Multimedia and Real Time Communication on the Bloomberg Terminal
- Opportunity to contribute to open source
You will need to have:
- 3+ years of experience building Java back end infrastructure (Java 8 or later versions)
- 3+ years of experience with Video Conferencing Applications
- Experience with network and data transfer protocols
- Strong problem solving and design skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We would love to see:
- Experience working with WebRTC or similar video conferencing frameworks
- Experience with media formats (MP4, WebM), codecs (VP8, VP9, Opus) and video conferencing protocols/standards
- Any open source contributions
- Experience with Mobile Media stack
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, please apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.