Senior Software Engineer - Network Automation Platform
New York, NY
Posted Nov 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 98120
The Network Automation Platform team, part of Technology Infrastructure, is responsible for providing applications, frameworks and tooling that enable network engineer and operational teams to effectively manage one of the largest private networks through automation. We work with innovative network automation and configuration management technologies to treat infrastructure as code for the connecting and supporting the Bloomberg Professional and related services.
What's in it for you:
This is a unique opportunity to help build robust, highly scalable solutions that will power the future of how Bloomberg automates network infrastructure. You'll be trusted to define standards and design frameworks, libraries and tooling that build on automation best practices and principles. You'll work closely with outstanding infrastructure engineers to meet the field's most meaningful problems.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute in defining both tools and architectural designs used by the team
- Encourage, mentor and train junior team members.
- Practice and promote the use of a modern software development lifecycle
- Engage with customers to capture and refine requirements
- Autonomously develop technical solutions to achieve objectives and required service levels, performance, and economics
- Proactively research and follow industry trends and open source projects in network automation
You need to have:
- 3-7 years experience as a senior software engineer for a mission-critical production system
- Expertise in software development in some combination of Python, Ruby or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge in software testing and delivery
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively to resolution
We'd love to see:
- Contributions to Open Source projects especially related to network automation and configuration management.
- Knowledge in major Python frameworks like Django and Celery
- Knowledge of layer 2, 3 and 4 networking concepts
- Experience with OpenConfig
- Experience using Ansible or equivalent in large scale networking environments
- A keen interest in keeping abreast of technological advances and proven success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
- Knowledge of Linux programming, networking and system administration
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.