Senior Software Engineer - Network Infrastructure Platform
New York, NY
Posted Jan 6, 2023 - Requisition No. 113185
The Network Infrastructure Platform team is responsible for systems used by infrastructure engineers, security engineers, SREs as well as application developers throughout the Bloomberg engineering community. We are a team of full stack software engineers who focus on creating software-based solutions to provision, manage and secure one of the largest private networks in the world. We partner with CTO as well as many other engineering stakeholders with deep industry expertise to ensure that Bloomberg is on the leading edge of managing our large footprint of devices that make up our network and security infrastructure.
What’s in it for you:
As a member of one of the network infrastructure Platform teams, you will be charged with directly influencing how Bloomberg Engineering interacts with the global infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to define standards for how domain experts will interact with an overarching Platform, contribute to upstream open-source projects, and find new avenues of automation that make interacting with our infrastructure easier. You’ll be encouraged to attend relevant technology conferences and engage with their respective communities
We will expect you to:
- Learn the domain; we don’t expect you to be an expert coming in, but a posses a desire to learn from your peers as well as the industry
- Maintain high standards of software quality and strong adherence to best practices in SDLC
- Work in an agile environment that embraces the goals of a self-organized team
- Learn from your colleagues as well as contribute fresh ideas from your own background experience or research
You will need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (Python, Ruby, golang, rust, C++,, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Strong problem solving skills; language is not as important as knowing and having experience writing software to solve problems
- The ability to work with a team, share ideas and be respectful / professional
- A willingness to try new things, new domains or parts of software stack
We would love to see some of the following:
- Full stack software developer
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience with web development
- Understanding and experience with modern NoSQL solutions
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus