Senior Software Engineer - Network Modeling
New York, NY
Posted May 4, 2020 - Requisition No. 80264
The Network Modeling team, part of Technology Infrastructure, is responsible for providing frameworks, tools, and applications to enable network and security engineers to effectively manage one of the largest private networks through automation. Our philosophy is to treat infrastructure as code -- we build a software model of hardware devices and components and how they are connected to each other to support Bloomberg Professional and related services.
What’s in it for you:
This is a unique opportunity to help build robust, high-scale systems which will power the future of Bloomberg's automated network infrastructure. You’ll be trusted to define standards, frameworks, libraries and tools as well as architectural designs and solutions to some of the fields most challenging problems.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute in defining both tools and architectural designs used by the team
- Encourage, mentor and train junior team members.
- Practice and promote the use of a modern software development lifecycle
- Engage with customers to capture and refine requirements
- Autonomously develop technical solutions to achieve objectives and required service levels, performance, and economics
- Proactively research and follow industry trends, best practices, and open source projects in network automation
You need to have:
- 3-5 years experience as a senior software engineer, preferably full stack for a mission-critical production system
- Expertise in software development in some combination of C/C++ or Python
- Extensive knowledge in software testing and delivery best practices
- The ability to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively to resolution
We'd love to see:
- Contributions to Open Source projects especially related to Automation.
- Systems and network troubleshooting capabilities such as packet captures, strace, traceroute, and latency analysis
- A keen interest in keeping abreast of technological advances and proven success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
- Knowledge of Linux programming, networking and system administration
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.