Senior Software Engineer - News Cyborg
New York, NY
Posted Jul 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 91665
The News Cyborg team is looking for a strong and motivated software engineer to help build tools to assist the Newsroom with the help of automation. Our software helps to generate, at peak, 3000 stories a day, most of which are fully automated. We cover over 7000+ companies, 1000+ ECO events and 1000+ corporate actions.
For example, Apple releases their quarterly earnings statement, which is a large document full of information. Our software will scrape pre-configured metrics, such as Revenue, and send headlines from it. Traders will look these headlines to see if the company met analyst expectations and trade accordingly so low latency and accuracy are very important.
Our work is mentioned in NY Times! https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/05/business/media/artificial-intelligence-journalism-robots.html
We'll trust you to
- Be a full stack developer
- Work with business, design, code and test systems from end-to-end
- Learn and leverage new technologies to constantly improve our systems
- Take ownership and solve technology challenges
You'll need to have:
- Comfortable working on UIs, services and databases
- A good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
We'd love to see
- Experience in Redis
- Familiarity with Kafka and distributed systems
- Familiarity with Jenkins pipelines
- Strong verbal and communication skills
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.