Senior Software Engineer - Philanthropy Engineering
New York, NY
Posted Jul 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 86842
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 345,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance.
Do you have a passion for making a positive impact in society? Do you want to leverage your skills to build products which give people the power to build communities? On the Philanthropy Engineering team at Bloomberg, you will get a unique opportunity to build products to engage our global workforce for philanthropic activities. Our employees are core to our success, and we're striving to provide a unique and personalized experience for them to engage in philanthropic activities.
The corporate Philanthropy & Engagement program at Bloomberg inspires the next generation of leaders through a diverse range of mentoring and education initiatives. Bloomberg Philanthropies’ unique data-driven approach to global change grows out of Mike Bloomberg’s experience as an entrepreneur and a champion of innovation.
What we do:
We build and manage a suite of products using a combination of third party cloud software and in house technologies to scale to meet the demands of global employees & the philanthropy administrative teams.
Our goal is to improve the velocity of operations and admin teams by enhancing the self-service tools and giving them more control. We value high quality user experience while being passionate about DevX and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment collaborating with exceptional people.
We’ll trust you to:
- Leverage your technical expertise to architect and implement critical solutions
- Work collaboratively within the team and across functional areas to drive design and implementation of new product features, from inception through to production
You'll need to have:
- Experience with web services API integration (REST or SOAP)
- Experience with SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL databases
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for solving problems for end users
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience in designing and building successful customer facing applications
- Experience in ReactJS
- Familiarity with GraphQL, Redis and Kafka
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, using Jira
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.