Senior Software Engineer - Platform Automation
New York, NY
Posted Dec 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 112740
Bloomberg’s Application Frameworks group is known to the rest of the Engineering community for building libraries, development environments and services used by most Terminal application developers. We are also responsible for delivering the core terminal software installed on clients’ desktops and for the tools used to automate its build, test and deployment process.
That's where you come in. As a Senior Software Engineer on our team, you’ll focus on building and enhancing testing infrastructure for our client-side software which runs on hundreds of thousands of desktops worldwide; you will also help us automate business and end user workflows for the Bloomberg Core Terminal, help us optimize the Developer feedback loop. You’ll enhance and scale the environment to enable engineers across the company to continuously build and test their software assets without worrying about common overhead.
What’s in it for you:
- Work with start-of-the-art tools for the continuous build, test and delivery of software packages
- Collaborate with a community of developers focus on streamlining testing infrastructure
- Write libraries and applications to measure and monitor performance of our applications in a variety of environments where they are deployed
- Build tools for other engineering teams to get faster feedback on their changes
- Work in a highly autonomous and impact driven environment
- Witness and strengthen the culture of quality for all software assets we build as an Engineering org
You’ll need to have:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience with Jenkins/Bamboo and Git
- Understanding of DevOps practices and methodologies
We'd love to see:
- Experience with cucumber, selenium, puppeteer or other open-source test frameworks
- Experience with Node or Electron
- In-depth understanding of the CI setup on Windows and MacOSx`
- Passion for making things more efficient, and automating manual work whenever possible
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus