Senior Software Engineer - Portal Technologies
New York, NY
Posted Sep 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 105331
We create and maintain Bloomberg's Collections and Cash processing systems. From receiving invoices from the Sales and Distribution system to cash, Bloomberg's billions of dollars of revenue are collected through our systems each year.
You'll need to have:
- Experience using source control tools such as Git
- Able to write tests to ensure code is working as intended
- Familiar with open source tools to integrate into the application (e.g. S3 compatible storage, Swagger, RabbitMQ, Redis, Apache Solr)
- Strong technical communication skills
- Good understanding of object-oriented design
It would be nice if you also have:
- Good understanding of REST architecture and experience in developing REST based applications
- Familiarity with Logging and observability frameworks (Splunk and Grafana)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Codeship, GitLab CI, Circle CI)
- Basic experience with Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus