Senior Software Engineer - Product Documentation Engineering
New York, NY
Posted May 31, 2022 - Requisition No. 101700
The Product Documentation Engineering team believes our content should be written once and read everywhere. We strive to make Bloomberg documentation available to all our clients on whatever platform they’re on. Help us build the tools to make this vision a reality.
Our Content is read by thousands of Bloomberg users on a daily basis. You will get a chance to work on a function seen by 150,000 daily users when they login and a feature promotion tool that has driven a 40% increase in feature adoption. We are now taking these products from within the Bloomberg terminal and making them available on the web, mobile, and anywhere else clients interact with Bloomberg.
Given the wide variety of content types and structure that we support, we’re rearchitecting our system to allow for more reusable and consistent content as well as self-service support for our application teams. This initiative requires us to work with our business to rethink our data model and content writing workflow. This also means we will rearchitect everything from our database structure, our backend services, our UI screens, and write brand new screens and services to support the new paradigm.
As part of this team, we'll trust you to:
- Be the owner of the product – you will work closely with the business to build a strong product
- Be a solid team player- you can expect to work with others in a highly, collaborative environment
- Be innovative - you'll think outside of the box when coming up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Be passionate- you're passionate about our diverse set of users and product
- Be proactive- you'll contribute ideas on everything from UI, product, tech stack and our development flow
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language
- 3+ years of professional experience with a relational SQL database
- Professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience with web development
- Experience with CI/CD (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and helping product teams in implementing and maintaining those tools
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus