Senior Software Engineer - Product Documentation
New York, NY
Posted Mar 6, 2020 - Requisition No. 81806
The Product Documentation Engineering team develops full-stack applications for Bloomberg's technical writers so that they can create and maintain the client-facing user documentation for thousands of Bloomberg terminal applications. This documentation is critical in ensuring our clients understand how to leverage the Bloomberg terminal for their work. We have built out a whole platform, from a Content Management System for version control, to authoring tools, and final delivery and display of the content. Content can vary from small FAQs, to slideshow style tours, “What’s New” newsletters, hundred page long technical manuals, and more.
Given the wide variety of content types and structure that we support, we’re rearchitecting our system to allow for more reusable and consistent content. This initiative requires us to work with our business to rethink our data model and content writing workflow. This also means we will rearchitect everything from our database structure, our backend services, and our UI screens to support the new paradigm.
As part of this team, we'll trust you to:
- Be the owner of the product – you will work closely with the business to build a strong product
- Be a solid team player- you can expect to work with others in a highly, collaborative environment
- Be innovative - you'll think outside of the box when coming up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Be passionate- you're passionate about our diverse set of users and product
- Be proactive- you'll contribute ideas on everything from UI, product, tech stack and our development flow
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language
- 3+ years of professional experience with a relational SQL database
- Professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.