Senior Software Engineer - Project Management Applications
New York, NY
Posted Apr 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 92598
Our Financial Product Project Management System is an application used to track high-profile revenue-generating projects for our clients. The system is crucial for driving product development as well as in creating consistency and efficiency in execution of hundreds of projects a year and we've continuously iterated to support additional project types and workflows.
We're looking for new team members as we expand our new Project Management System. The application was piloted by financial product teams and we want to expand our user base to the rest of the company. We are looking to adapt our application to a more customizable system where teams can pick data points and workflows they want to track in their projects. The Project Management System is integrated with other applications in the Bloomberg environment, as a result, this application needs to be a highly robust and scalable system to handle data from external systems. The Project Management System also has a client facing web interface which provides our top tier clients direct access to view projects and collaborate with us in real-time.
We are currently defining and building out complex workflows to support both our internal and external client needs. Next, we will be investing in building out automated notification systems to drive client impact and increase user efficiency. Furthermore, even as we iterate quickly, our focus is to continue maintaining a high standard of software best practices and ensure our system can scale to accommodate the growth of our user base.
As part of this team, we'll trust you to:
- Be versatile - you will work on our existing Bloomberg application (Typescript, Python and PostgreSQL) along with our web application (React)
- Be the owner of the product – you will work closely with the business to build a strong product
- Be a solid team player - you can expect to work with others in a highly, collaborative environment
- Be innovative - you'll think outside of the box when coming up with technical solutions that deliver business value
- Be passionate - you're passionate about our technology, product and diverse set of users
- Be proactive - you'll contribute ideas on everything from UI, product, tech stack and our development flow
You'll need to have:
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- 3+ years of professional experience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language
- 3+ years of professional experience with a relational SQL database
- Professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
Nice to have
- Experience building REST APIs using Node.js
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com