Senior Software Engineer - Public Cloud Platform Applications
New York, NY
Posted Nov 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 111256
Bloomberg's Public Cloud Platform Application team builds applications and APIs to ease adoption and help applications teams administer cloud resources at an enterprise scale. Our solutions are multi-cloud and are a product of close collaboration with application and security teams.
What's in it for you:
You will be part of a team that is building the foundation to support a multi-cloud environment for public cloud technologies and solutions. Through the use of modern tools and principles, you will be facilitating the expansion of Bloomberg's public cloud footprint by developing applications and APIs to facilitate cloud adoption.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide development teams with applications and APIs to ease cloud adoption.
- Build enterprise-scale systems that interact with the SDKs of multiple Cloud Service Providers.
- Contribute to Open Source projects in the realm of Public Cloud adoption.
- 3+ years of experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- 2+ years building enterprise-scale restful APIs or GQL APIs.
- 2+ years using Relational DBs.
- Some experience building React-based applications.
- A mindset to build tools and solutions in collaboration with developers that simplify developer lives.
- Strong understanding of Linux systems.
You need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Strong proficiency in Typescript.
- Strong proficiency in React.
- Basic AWS, GCP, or Azure experience.
- BA, BS, MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
- Proficiency with PostgresDB.
- A deep understanding of Web technologies and reliability engineering.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus