Senior Software Engineer - RDP Bloomberg API
New York, NY
Posted Jun 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 104394
Who we are:
Bloomberg’s data underpins the world’s financial systems, and the Real-Time Distribution Platform (RDP) brings it to hundreds of thousands of Enterprise customers and Bloomberg Terminal users. We’re building the largest data distribution infrastructure in the world which delivers hundreds of billions of data points every day to our clients in real-time. Our clients rely on this information to be successful in their day-to-day trading, analytics, portfolio and risk management, and more. Given the scale, speed, and business critical nature of our product, we’re constantly focused on scalability, reliability and performance.
The Bloomberg API team (BLPAPI) is looking for a senior engineer to join its New York Team! Our diverse team provides software development kits (SDKs) to both Bloomberg engineers and external client developers that provide a service framework through which they access Bloomberg data and services. We define the interfaces that the world uses to consume and publish data to our Real-time Distribution Platform. Our SDKs are written in four different languages, including C++, Java, C#, and Python. Every individual in our team works on all of these languages while solving problems of performance, interoperability, and an ever-growing feature set.
As we provide software as a service, we are in the Software Infrastructure Engineering department, and we also work closely with the Enterprise Data product team, so we have an external feedback loop from our clients while also working with internal clients within Bloomberg. We pride ourselves on testing every new piece of functionality we add, so you also will be working closely with a contractor team that helps us do service level testing, on top of the QA team within Bloomberg.
If you want to peek into our world, BLPAPI is accessible on our company website at: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/support/api-library/
What’s in it for you:
- Join a group of engineers working on BLPAPI, the most visible client SDK distributed by Bloomberg and used by our clients to create applications to connect into our infrastructure
- Shape the future of programmatic client access to Bloomberg information and services
- Improve the efficiency and functionality of a framework which has impact across the entire financial sector
- Work in a highly autonomous and impact driven environment
The technologies you’ll use:
- Languages: C++, C#, Java, Python
- Platforms: Linux, Windows
- Tools: Jenkins, Docker
You’ll need to have:
- Understanding of one language among C++, C#, or Java
- Experience working in Linux and/or Windows environments
- A desire to create a client-facing service framework and libraries that are used by our clients to build their own applications
- A collaborative and enthusiastic attitude
- A bias for action
- Relevant bootcamp experience or a BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in more than one of the languages we support
- Experience building applications with BLPAPI
- Experience working with a global team and stakeholders in various locations.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.