Senior Software Engineer - Real Time Market Data and News Feeds
New York, NY
Posted May 14, 2018 - Requisition No. 67083
Real time market data is at the core of Bloomberg's business, and our team develops the software which provides it. Our feed handlers directly consume real time market data from hundreds of exchanges and financial institutions around the world and translate it into normalized streams. The data we provide is consumed by applications across the Bloomberg platform and ultimately used by clients making the decisions that drive financial markets. Performance and reliability are key features of our software. Our goal is to be the most comprehensive and reliable source of financial data in the world.
As a member of our team, you will immediately begin delivering software which has an impact on the company and our clients. You will collaborate with business units and other development teams to drive projects dealing with data across all asset classes. You will work on a variety of short and long term projects, both to address business needs and to continually improve our infrastructure. Join us to make a difference.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Hands on experience with C++ or similar object oriented languages such as C# or Java
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience developing on Unix based platforms
- Experience with network protocols such as TCP, UDP and Multicast
- Knowledge of market data systems