Senior Software Engineer - Remoting Platform Development
New York, NY
Posted Jun 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 88821
The Remoting Platform Development (RPD) team is responsible for the architecture and development of the platform and related solutions that are used for hosting various remotely accessed applications. This platform runs business critical applications that are used by Bloomberg customers as well as employees worldwide. Our team’s mission is to build highly robust and scalable software and systems that allow Bloomberg clients to use our product from anywhere and our employees to be effective from any location.
One of the flagship products that run on the platform built by our team is Bloomberg Anywhere which provides users ability to access Bloomberg Terminal from anywhere in the world. Bloomberg Anywhere handles approximately 1 million unique sessions a month. We run this workload in a hybrid environment composed of on-prem and public cloud that spans several geographic regions. Our team writes software that interfaces with various infrastructure components such as hypervisors, compute, storage etc and solves interesting challenges in the space of security, remoting technologies, distributed systems and scalability. Our platform also provides a secure sandbox environment where users can access sensitive information or even untrusted or potentially malicious content.
Apart from this, we are also responsible for developing the mobile workplace solution for Bloomberg employees that empowers them to work from anywhere. This solution is used by thousands of users on a daily basis and is critical to their productivity.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design and implement new features and tools following software development best practices
- Work with team members and other engineering teams to design scalable and robust systems
- Proactively recommend and contribute improvements to the platform
- Work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of hands on software programming experience (we value skills, contributions and passions more than years of experience)
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages and willingness to pick up more as needed: Python, C#, Go
- Integrate a hybrid architecture of black box, open-source and custom-developed software into a comprehensive solution.
- Professional experience working in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate across teams, manage competing goals and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience building and maintaining mission critical distributed systems
- Sound knowledge of security and networking concepts and best practices
- Experience in owning and maintaining client side software components
- Prior experience or knowledge of remote access technologies
- Professional experience in automated testing, CI/CD and all SDLC phases
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.