Senior Software Engineer - Risk Analytics
New York, NY
Posted Jul 7, 2020 - Requisition No. 81432
Bloomberg runs on data. Using the power of technology, we connect the world's decision-makers to accurate information on the financial markets and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
The Enterprise Content engineering group builds products that enable our clients to evaluate and manage the liquidity of their portfolios, comply with market regulations, and access vast amounts of high-quality reference datasets. Our clients need this data for a variety of reasons, including risk management, pre & post-trade analysis, and regulatory reporting.
Our engineering teams deal with tremendous amounts of data across a variety of asset classes. Our systems acquire, store and process billions of data points daily utilizing our highly scalable distributed infrastructure, which comprises both physical and cloud machines. We use a slew of Big Data and NoSQL open source technologies, including Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Redis, S3, as well as state of the art Data Science techniques and Machine Learning models. Our energetic group of engineers work very closely with Quant Researchers and domain experts from our Product teams.
We are at the exciting intersection of finance and technology, where access to fast, accurate, and high-quality data is paramount. Our clients, which include banks, hedge funds, asset managers, insurance, and other financial institutions, are continually increasing their sophistication and use of automation; therefore, we are just at the beginning of our journey. Joining our team will provide you with tremendous growth opportunities as we embark on our quest to solve complex domain & technical challenges.
We'll Trust you to:
- Drive full software development life-cycle, right from understanding the needs of Product to development to eventual deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, giving you a sense of accomplishment
- Design and build high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Work in close collaboration with team members; always looking for opportunities to enhance existing systems while building robust new products
- Enjoy solving highly sophisticated software design and optimization problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
You'll need to have:
- Proficiency in Python and/or Scala/Java and/or C++ - although our technology stack is ever-evolving
- Experience working with large datasets and Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, S3
- Some experience with non-relational database technologies like Cassandra, REDIS, HBase
- Aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Ability and interest in working as part of a team and understanding the bigger picture
We'd love to see:
- Engineers with some experience or interest in applying machine learning techniques to huge and complex datasets
- Engineers who are always looking for proactive changes to improve our daily processing pipelines and the infrastructure it is built on
- Engineers who are curious and want to explore new open source technologies when building new products as well as to enhance performance and scalability of existing ones
- Engineers who embrace working together as a team, mentoring and learning from their existing teammates to break knowledge silos and ensure that our team is producing reliable, well documented and well-understood products for our clients
- Engineers who have a desire to understand our products and processes and have a passion for pushing boundaries with technology