Senior Software Engineer - Runtime Ops (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted May 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 90888
**Please note that this position is a contract position**
Every day, the biggest players in the financial industry depend on Bloomberg applications to manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyze the markets. As engineers, we’re building the applications our clients rely on to not just stay informed, but stay ahead of the market. The applications and infrastructure we build embody the speed, agility and financial data that make Bloomberg the go-to solution for financial professionals across the globe.
To make sure we satisfy our clients’ need for speed as well as stability, we have very high standards for reliability and scalability.
Who are we?
Our group designs, implements, and supports operational procedures on different hardware platforms that make up the Execution Management System (EMS) Environment.
What’s in it for you?
You will join a team responsible for designing, testing, and launching new processes to procure, build, and release infrastructure allowing Bloomberg’s EMS to quickly respond to changing capacity needs due to market conditions and/or application usage. Our team has a highly creative, dynamic, and innovative team environment. You will have the opportunity to work closely with various groups including system administration, application development, and network design.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environments
- A basic understanding of Open Source DevOps configuration management and orchestration tools (Ansible, Salt)
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently & in a team environment under deadlines
- The curiosity to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Strong scripting skills in python and bash
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
We’d love to see:
- 3 years Systems or Network Administration or Operations experience
- Understanding of UNIX/Linux flavors and tools, basic TCP/IP communications
- Multiple open source automation and management tool-set knowledge (includes: Chef, Ruby, GitHub, Salt, Ansible, Jira, etc., to name a few)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.