Senior Software Engineer - Sales Intelligence
New York, NY
Posted Feb 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 73766
The Engineering Sales Intelligence Team is passionate about driving high impact by pushing technological boundaries and cultivating a culture of innovation and creativity. We focus on adopting, integrating with, and building tools necessary to drive the most efficient developer experience with a focus on high reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) ultimately helps Bloomberg increase revenue through the subscription and usage of all its products. CRM tools empower global sales and product departments to engage with millions of existing and prospective clients by using opportunities and user analytics, while providing excellent product support. As part of this dynamic team, you will influence the direction and delivery of this multidimensional platform.
In this role, you will have hands-on experience with a CRM solution that has been built in-house and rivals others in the market. You will be building out workflow efficiencies for various sales strategies, providing valuable insights driven from a tremendous amount of data, and leveraging machine learning technology to solve complex predictive analysis problems. These functionalities will help end users lead and optimize the entire sales cycle.
You are a seasoned developer with strong technical skills and a consistent record of building innovative products. Your goal is to maximize value by understanding user/customer needs and adoption requirements. Your collaborative ability to work with stakeholders, including engineering teams and business partners, will help move our products and processes forward.
We’ll trust you to:
- Enhance, build, and support innovative full stack applications
- Apply SDLC methodologies and sound technical design
- Deeply understand customer needs and take full ownership of domain areas
- Partner with key stakeholders such as the business and engineering teams
- Proactively identify opportunities and challenge the status quo
You need to have:
- 4+ years of professional experience with a strongly typed object-oriented programming language including C#, C++, or Java
- 2+ years of professional experience with a relational database such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Front-end/UI development experience
- Micro-services and distributed architecture experience
- Continuous integration/deployment and automated testing experience
- Working in a cross-functional Agile team environment
- Experience and passion working with CRM applications is a plus