Senior Software Engineer - Sales Intelligence
New York, NY
Posted Dec 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 88764
The Engineering Sales Intelligence Team is passionate about pushing technological boundaries and nurturing a culture of innovation and creativity. We are full stack engineers who partner closely with our business to fashion high-value solutions to keep our sales force continuously productive and increasingly profitable.
Central to the many facets of our software domain is Customer Relationship Management (CRM). By developing our in-house CRM, which rivals market solutions, we help Bloomberg increase revenue through the subscription and usage of all its products. Our CRM tools empower global sales and product departments to engage with millions of existing and prospective clients by highlighting opportunities and improving user analytics.
You will get to:
Have hands-on experience with many applications including but not limited to platforms to facilitate client engagement, reporting dashboards, sales rep workflow tools, and sales lifecycle management. Also work closely with our business partners and iterate in a fast-paced, agile, and collaborative environment to influence the direction and delivery of our applications. You will work with your team to build new functionality to manage the many moving pieces of our Bloomberg’s sales strategies and provide valuable insights advised by a variety of data sources or by machine learning predictive analysis.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop C#/Python services, libraries, and tools while monitoring the health, availability, and reliability of our services.
- Improve, build, and support innovative full stack applications
- Apply SDLC methodologies and sound technical design
- Deeply understand customer needs and take full ownership of your product
- Partner with end users
- Proactively seize opportunities and share your insights
You need to have:
- Experience with C#, Python, or C++, or any OOP language
- Experience with a relational database such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of large-scale systems architecture
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience operating in a Linux/Unix environment
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Front-end/UI development
- Experience with Microservices and distributed architecture
- An understanding of CICD paradigms
- Automated testing experience (Unit testing and Dockerized integration testing)
- Working in a multi-functional Agile team environment
- C# .NET Core Microservices
- Python Microservices
- PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and comdb2 databases
- Apache SOLR as a presentation layer
- Message Queues (RabbitMQ & Apache Kafka)
- Amazon S3 cloud storage on Bloomberg environment
- C++ services
- Self-managed and fully-managed Linux VMs
- Data Science Platform for Machine Learning projects
- CICD tools (Jenkins)
- Common logging & search infrastructure (Splunk & Humio)
- Shared Source Control (Github)
- Agile Practices (Jira)
We’d love to see:
Our team’s technical stack is:
We also work with:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus