Senior Software Engineer - Security Services
New York, NY
Posted Nov 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 111960
The Security Infrastructure Team is crucial to manage and scale security systems at Bloomberg. We are responsible for a broad set of systems that are essential to our ability to secure the enterprise and protect our client data. The solutions managed by us covers a broad range of use cases and are built in collaboration with various partners. To operate at scale, the push is to make provisioning of security infrastructure seamless and repeatable using infrastructure-as-code patterns and using various automation techniques!
We strive to quantify confidence in the systems we maintain and ability to perform as expected. Through monitoring and telemetry collection, we can use past performance to predicate and understand future reliability.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze business requirements, collaborate with internal and external development groups, and design & build innovative security solutions.
- Work with team members and other engineering teams to design scalable and robust systems.
- Integrate a hybrid architecture of both black box and custom-developed software into a comprehensive solution.
- Take ownership of projects while collaborating with us, your teammates, following an agile and test-driven approach.
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of programming experience with an object-oriented programming language (Java, Go, C++).
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Solid understanding of OOD/OOP, algorithms/data structures, software development principles, Agile methodologies, modern design patterns, TDD, and service-oriented architecture.
- Experience building scalable systems with a high volume of data throughput.
- Strong problem solving and design skills.
We'd love to see:
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment.
- Understanding of RESTful API design.
- Linux kernel level debugging and eBPF experience.
- Experience building systems that use Linux, Windows, and macOS internals APIs.
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience aligns best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus