Senior Software Engineer - Sell-Side Trading Platform
New York, NY
Posted Nov 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 111229
Every day, thousands of businesses across the globe rely on the Bloomberg Sell-Side System to support their trading activity. As part of our Trading Solutions businesses, Sell-Side delivers a global multi-asset solution for trade capture, market making, inventory management, front office collaboration, middle office operations, and electronic trading across the finance industry. By providing customizable workflows, extensive analytics, and high performing functionality, our tools allow users to get the information they need fast and stay one step ahead of the market.
We’ll trust you to:
- Drive the test automation strategy for the Sell-Side engineering organization
- Integrate solutions across multiple engineering teams to implement system tests that mimic client behavior
- Develop automation test frameworks that peer Engineering teams will use to provide end-to-end smoke and regression test coverage
- Collaborate with Quality Analysts and Application Development Teams within a BDD framework
- Gather metrics and providing test coverage analysis based on automated test results
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of building automation frameworks or related developer tools
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science or related technology field
- Proven expertise in driving automated testing, utilizing the latest technology stack
- Knowledge of Node, CSS
We'd love to see:
- Passion for testing and experience in backend or front end testing frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity or Travis
- Familiarity with BDD and TDD Frameworks and testing processes such as Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium and Jest
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux systems
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker a plus
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Grafana and Humio a plus
Want more? Check us out here:
- Meet our team -> https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/meet-the-team-sellside-engineering/
- Learn more about our award winning Order Management System (OMS) -> https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/trade-order-management-solutions/
Interviewing with us
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus