Senior Software Engineer - Static Analysis and Automated Refactoring
New York, NY
Posted Nov 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 111541
The Static Analysis and Automated Refactoring team (STAAR) is writing code that rewrites code. We automate repetitive changes, so they never have to be done by a human again. We do analysis and refactoring using C++ with libtooling and clangmetatool, and using Haskell with the fortran-src library.
We are also building an offline analysis pipeline, which already performs static analysis on more than 20 projects per second using BPaaS, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Python, and Remote Execution API via Buildgrid. The results of this analysis will be presented to users and stakeholders tracking refactoring initiatives so that code changes can be made across the entire Bloomberg codebase.
You will be working as a contributor to the STAAR team, to build the tooling and infrastructure that helps the entire company migrate to Linux more optimally.
We will trust you to:
- Craft and build static analysis tools for C/C++ and Fortran code
- Make improvements to the analysis pipeline to scale it to analyze all - Bloomberg code
- Collaborate with engineers across Bloomberg to debug and diagnose issues flagged by static analysis tools
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- Curiosity about using or learning a wide variety of languages
- Be effective working with a big codebase
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
We’d love to see:
- Strong development skill set with a working knowledge of C++
- Familiarity with compiler internals
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus