Senior Software Engineer - Storage API
New York, NY
Posted Aug 5, 2020 - Requisition No. 84253
Data is at the heart of Bloomberg's technologies, which produce and distribute some of the most critical and valuable data in global business. The Storage API team provides the software layer that sits on top of Bloomberg's storage technologies, providing a unified set of APIs and data tools to automate, monitor, and provide visibility into Bloomberg's entire storage ecosystem. We use modern technologies and frameworks such as Flask, Apache Airflow, React, and more. We are always looking to bring in new technologies that would fit our use cases and improve our products and systems.
We're looking for strong software engineers with great coding, problem solving, and communication skills. Domain knowledge in storage is a plus but absolutely not required.
What's in it for you:
This is a unique opportunity to help build the future of Bloomberg's automated storage infrastructure. We work on a diverse set of projects and technologies, and will trust you to help design and build an entirely new set of systems from the ground up.
We'll trust you to:
- Design and build systems to ingest, track, monitor, and expose data about the entirety of our storage ecosystem
- Build automation around all phases of the storage lifecycle, eliminating toil, automating responses to failures, and generally eliminating as much operational work as possible
- Design stable and performant systems through writing maintainable, extensible code
- Keep up with the best ideas and practices in the industry, as well as contribute new ideas
You need to have:
- Hands-on software development experience in Python
- Proficiency in software engineering principles with an interest in infrastructure
- Familiarity with web services and REST APIs
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Flask, React, or node.js
- Experience with workflow automation frameworks such as Apache Airflow
- Domain knowledge of networked and/or cloud storage
- Contributions to open source projects
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.