Senior Software Engineer - Structured Products (FA - Financial Analytics)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 93228
The Bloomberg Structured Products team is responsible for all data, cash flows and analytics of the two million plus bonds that make up the structured products universe. Because of how large and sophisticated these securities are, we own some of the largest databases, run the highest hit services that return billions of points of data, and maintain the best libraries of cash flow models at Bloomberg.
Who we are:
We are an enthusiastic, talented team of over 140 engineers who work side by side with product managers, modelers, and many other engineering groups. Our teams develop front-end and back-end interfaces powered by a cluster of hundreds of very powerful Linux machines that help us serve data, run simulations and provide a plethora of analytics to both internal and external clients.To meet the ever increasing market data needs of the future, we continually are rethinking parts of our system. Currently we are optimizing our data ingestion systems, advancing horizontal scalability for our suite of many micro services and putting in the groundwork to build reliable cloud solutions for our top-tier clients.
Who you are:
An innovative engineer who is motivated by building and adding value to financial products that are used by clients, and someone who cares about the impact of your work. You enjoy collaborating and working closely with other people. You’re a problem solver, eager to learn, and have an interest in the structured products domain.
As part of this team we'll trust you to:
- Work collaboratively with product owners to build products that our clients use to solve sophisticated problems
- Design, develop and release high-quality maintainable code
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development and delivery to production
- Help the team evolve and operate on a day to day basis
You’ll need to have:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A passion for good software development practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or
- an equivalent combination of education, and/or
- specialized training, and/or
- related professional experience
This position requires at least one of the following:
We'd love to see:
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Strong code review skills
- An interest in financial markets
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org