Senior Software Engineer - Structured Products - DevX
New York, NY
Posted Jan 5, 2023 - Requisition No. 113131
The Structured Products market makes up nearly $10 trillion of US public and private bond market debt. Banks use financial engineering to transform a variety of assets, such as residential and commercial mortgages, auto and student loans, and credit card debt, into securities that are structured to meet nearly any investor appetite.
The DevX Engineers on the Structured Products team at Bloomberg fill the critical role of ensuring our developers have access to a seamless and cutting edge experience while developing, building, testing, and deploying their code. This role involves working on distributed,large-scale and fault tolerant infrastructure while empowering other engineers,modelers and quants to be able to work effectively in the same space. We are looking for someone that loves to build new things, code on a daily basis and enjoys problem solving across a large set of exciting computer science problems.
As an engineer on the Infrastructure team, we'll trust you to:
- Apply your expertise to analyze bottlenecks in the development process and identify where we can get the best rate of return on new or improved tooling.
- Design, develop, and deploy applications and tools to help maintain or improve both a healthy production and development environment.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest methods, processes and technologies, both internally and externally, that can help to improve efficiency of the whole department without introducing new maintenance burdens.
- Help to develop and communicate a culture of both teaching and learning among your colleagues while empowering the whole group to function more optimally.
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Experience building gPRC/GraphQL/REST services
- Functional expertise building microservices
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management
We’d love to see:
- A passion for using the right technology to solve particular problems.
- Familiarity with approaches to certain classes of problems across the technical landscape - from local development to continuous deployment
- Most importantly, a growth oriented mindset towards learning new or unfamiliar technologies and skills, and an ability and eagerness to use those skills to help the department function more productively.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus