Senior Software Engineer - Structured Products
New York, NY
Posted Jan 5, 2023 - Requisition No. 113130
The Bloomberg ENG Structured Products team is responsible for all data, cash flows and analytics of the two million plus bonds that make up the Structured Products universe. Because of how large and sophisticated these securities are, we own some of the largest databases, run the highest hit services that return billions of points of data, and maintain the best libraries of cash flow models at Bloomberg.
Who we are:
We are an enthusiastic, dedicated team of over 140 engineers who work side by side with product managers, modelers, and engineering groups. Our teams develop front-end and back-end interfaces powered by a cluster of hundreds of very powerful Linux machines that help us serve data, run simulations and provide a plethora of analytics to both internal and external clients. To meet the ever increasing market data needs of the future, we continually are rethinking parts of our system. Meet our team representatives from here: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/meet-the-team-structured-products-engineering/
What we do
Who you are:
An innovative engineer who is motivated by building and contributing to financial products that are used by clients, and someone who cares about the impact of your work. You enjoy collaborating and working closely with other people. You’re a problem solver, eager to learn, and have an interest in the structured products domain.
As part of this team we'll trust you to:
- Work collaboratively with product owners to build products that our clients use to solve sophisticated problems
- Design, develop and release high-quality maintainable code
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development and delivery to production
- Help the team evolve and operate on a day to day basis
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Experience building gPRC/GraphQL/REST services
- Functional expertise building microservices
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management
We'd love to see:
- Strong code review skills
- Passion to learn and improve products
- An interest in financial markets
What you will learn:
- Build up scalable data pipelines and deal with big data
- Design high-volume and high-availability distributed architectures
- Financial knowledge across Structured Products universe: Mortgage-backed securities (MBS), Asset-backed securities (ABS), Commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) and CLO (Collateralized loan obligation).
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus