Senior Software Engineer - Subscriptions Team
New York, NY
Posted Oct 26, 2022 - Requisition No. 110631
Senior Software Engineer – Subscriptions Team
The Bloomberg Subscription teams are focused on creating the tools and infrastructure to support the Bloomberg.com’s subscription business. Whether it is engaging web applications, API services, or notification systems, our goal is to provide stable and feature rich services that operate at scale. We are looking for a systems thinker that is passionate about building web applications, designing APIs, and working with product teams to deliver new functionality. Our group is intensely focused on the customer. We want to grow and provide real value to business leaders around the world. You will excel in this team if you are obsessed with understanding customer behavior and using technology to improve customer’s lives.
Our stack evolves quickly and currently consists of distributed full-stack systems, React, Next, Typescript, Java, ActiveMQ, and Kubernetes among others. Given the scope of our work, the team has a unique opportunity to innovate and contribute ideas across the media space. Our ideal candidate should have a passion for the web and the cloud, an appetite to try new things, and a propensity to move quickly and thoughtfully. As part of this team, you will design features, pick technologies, and guide project teams to create real value for the customer. We look forward to seeing how you would take these systems to the next level!
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary, fast-moving team
- Design and deliver reliable product features that evolve quickly
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server-side
- Explore and evaluate the value of new and emerging web technologies
You'll need to have:
- A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and an understanding of asynchronous design patterns
- 3+ years of experience with Typescript, Node.js, or Java building backend services
- Experience working on low latency, high availability, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Fluency in test-driven development, code reviews, distributed source code management, and automated quality assurance
We'd love to see:
- An interest in understanding user behavior using A/B tests and analytics and how that drives product design and decisions
- Experience with web performance challenges delivering content to a global audience (progressive enhancement, performance budgets, SpeedIndex optimization, CDNs)
- Experience defining and developing highly available distributed systems
- Familiarity with Spring Framework, Express and Node.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus