Senior Software Engineer - Supply Chain
New York, NY
Posted Oct 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 103077
This position can sit out of Princeton NJ or NYC
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately- is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Who We Are:
Supply Chain infrastructure is the backbone of Bloomberg's commitment to providing its customers and employees with the best service possible. Our systems are used by customers and employees to send and receive equipment globally. Our systems support warehouse operations like equipment receiving, shipping and quality controls. We also build and manage a web portal to support remote vendor managed warehouses. Other systems support the request, fulfillment, and shipping workflows for Business Cards, and marketing collateral to other Bloomberg offices and Customers. In addition, we build systems for procurement, trade compliance, and vendor management. We continuously look for ways to improve customer experience while driving operational efficiency to reduce cost incurred by Bloomberg.
What you will do:
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with business and come up with solutions for improving operations efficiency and customer experience using proprietary and open source technologies You will work on all phases of Software Development (using Agile methodologies) and will work closely with Product, Global Data and other Engineering teams in the process.
In addition we will ask you to:
- Collaborate directly with our product counterparts to capture requirements and iterate on projects
- Take full ownership of products and their technical solutions
- Work on multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Design, develop, and release high-quality maintainable code
- Ensures SDLC operating standards such as Continuous Integration & Deployment, Unit/Integration Tests are followed and help the team by bringing in new ideas to improve the SDLC process
- Be a "big picture" thinker
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in developing web application front end and back-end on NodeJS and ReactJS and developing responsive website using HTML5 and CSS
- 3+ years of experience in RDBMS like PostgreSQL and SQL Server
- Working experience on Linux or Unix OS
- Experience in full software development life cycle activities like requirements management, technical design, implementation, testing/release and support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience in test driven development and automation
- Software development using agile methodologies
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment
- Work experience in queuing technologies like RabbitMQ and Kafka
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus