Senior Software Engineer - Telemetry Infrastructure
New York, NY
Posted Oct 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 96499
Telemetry Infrastructure (GUTS) plays a critical role in monitoring the health of Bloomberg’s machines, applications, and data flows. We develop and deploy agents to collect the logs, metrics, processes, and traces from almost every machine in the company. We then centralize and process this data in real-time to alert application teams and machine owners of any potential issues. We also provide various utilities for users to get more value out of the data, like Grafana for metric visualization, Humio for log querying, a metric aggregation pipeline, a real-time data subscription pipeline, and various query APIs.
What’s in it for you:
A successful team member has a drive to learn and experiment with new technologies. We are always open to integrating new technologies that provide value to the team and allow team members to experiment with technologies they believe have value. We also believe in investing time to eliminate pain points.
We would like to see:
- A strong background in C++ is desirable, experience in Python is a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong problem solving skills
- A deep understanding of Unix
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
Nice to have:
- Experience with Infrastructure like Kafka, Kubernetes and Spinnaker
- Experience with metrics or monitoring solutions like Grafana and MT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.