Senior Software Engineer - Terminal Transport
New York, NY
Posted Oct 27, 2021 - Requisition No. 90936
Who are we?
We own the core backend services, protocols, and clusters that are essential to the functioning of the Bloomberg Terminal. Every interaction with the Terminal runs through our servers which results in our software stack processing over 250 billion messages per day. Our software runs the UI framework backends, and enables other teams to build applications on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our critical focus is on the end-user experience, stability and appropriate work-load management of our backend systems.
Who are you?
We are looking for a highly collaborative and curious individual who likes to dive in and solve problems. If you describe yourself as self-starting, someone who takes ownership of the task, is goal-oriented and challenges the status quo, you’ll fit right in!
We’ll trust you to
- Develop code and tests with a constant focus on correctness, performance and reliability
- Work with our SRE team to improve the operational environment and make it more reliable
- Stay up to date with industry trends and implement best practices within the team and its code-bases
You’ll need to have
- 3 years experience working with C++
- 3 years experience building software for UNIX or Linux Operating systems
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Expertise with data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We would like to see
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience writing software using POSIX APIs
- Experience designing network protocols
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.