Senior Software Engineer - Ticker Plant Feeds Logic
New York, NY
Posted Sep 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 101156
The Ticker Plant is a large-scale system for processing, storage and distribution of realtime and historical Market Data to Bloomberg clients and internal consumers. The Market Data includes trades, quotes, and other pricing data, which is gathered from around the World from every possible trading venue and on every possible kind of financial instrument. This amounts to more than 200 billion unique events per day. Every Bloomberg Financial Services product offering relies on the Ticker Plant for pricing information.
Our team, the Ticker Plant Feed Logic, is a gateway into the Ticker Plant - we support integration of any new market data sources into the system and are responsible for development and configuration of the processing logic to normalize the data according to the standard Bloomberg data model. We perform our jobs by creating software in C++ which runs across hundreds of back-end servers. We are working on creating self-service capabilities and automation to enable direct configuration of the Ticker Plant processing logic by internal data providers, aiming to achieve faster feature integration and improved stability.
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We value learning and development, continuous improvement and a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the team.
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience programming in C++ OR strong software engineering skills and a commitment to learning C++ on the job
- The ability to effectively listen to, communicate with, challenge and influence peers, stakeholders and management
- A commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
- Extensive knowledge of C++ and Standard Libraries
- Experience with Python
- A keen interest in keeping abreast of technological advances and success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
- Strong Testing mentality
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with complex legacy systems
- Experience working with DevOps practices
- Familiarity with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Knowledge of operating system fundamentals
- Experience of process automation
- Financial Instrument domain knowledge
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you, please apply below!
To find out more about Engineering at Bloomberg, check out www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status